cPanel is a popular web hosting control panel that comes with a wealth of tools that aim to facilitate the process of hosting a site – in addition to the variety of tools, cPanel also has a comprehensive and user-friendly interface that makes it very easy to use. The control panel is suitable for all webmasters who want to have full control over their website and over the server administration area.
One of the most important aspects of cPanel is that it is very versatile as well, as it can work either as a virtual private server or as a dedicated server. It works equally well on top-notch operating systems and on systems with minimal configuration – even though installing cPanel is an easy task that does not take more than several minutes, it can be removed with extreme difficulty.
The program has been around for more than 15 years, simplifying the management of web hosting services – this is why cPanel is currently the main choice for many leading hosting providers. Features Of cPanel Control Panel In addition to its highly intuitive interface, cPanel comes with a variety of features and functions that come in handy for webmasters.
Having said that, here are some of the most important ones:
• The numerous tutorials along with the on-screen help, which are particularly useful for beginners who haven’t tried cPanel in the past. The tutorials are detailed and comprehensive, and customers can benefit from speedy and efficient support, should they encounter any problem;
• The variety of themes is another important aspect, as the theme selector allows you to choose from a wealth of different themes – otherwise stated, customizing your control panel has never been easier!
• The panel comes with added bonus features, such as panel restore or backup – both of them are highly efficient, in case anything happens with the panel as they secure your data. Backup is performed on a regular basis and all the information is stored in a safe place;
• The numerous e-mail related features come in handy as they allow webmasters to manage multiple e-mail accounts at the same time, to set up the default e-mail, to filter the e-mails and even to install auto-responders that will promptly reply to incoming mails;
• Security plays a pivotal role for every software available, and cPanel benefits from enhanced security and protection against spam e-mails and viruses – the program comes with high-quality mail scanners and a hacker-safe features that carefully filters mails and prevents hackers from damaging your files;
• cPanel also offers accurate and detailed website statistics that allow you to check the Awstats of your website, along with the overall bandwidth usage and the latest visitors – this way, you can keep track of your visitors and use the data to improve website traffic in the future. You can even download a log file as well!
• Last, but not least, cPanel also offers numerous other site tools that allow you to manage custom error pages, hot link protection, addon domains and such. You can also add a password protect page, for increased security.